Sunrise on a run

Sunrise on a run

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Saturday

This morning was a gymnastics morning so Mummy and I enjoyed a cup of tea in the cafe while IB did her gym-thing. Mummy actually got to start a new book (Engleby). We went to watch IB for a bit but she was at the far end of the gym.

Next stop was the town centre to buy a birthday present for Emily. I was asleep by this point but Mummy and IB bought Emily's present - a paint your own t-set picked by IB - Mummy suspects Emily might have grown out of t-sets (even tho it has age 8 and up on it) but IB thought it was a good idea. We also bought Daddy a Taters of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones!

After lunch we drove down to Oliver's birthday party. Me and IB spent most of the time in the toy cars - with Mummy pushing me! We made it into the soft play for a while and Grandad Dave showed off his new video camera. We had some party food - well IB had lots, I had a nibble of some cucumber and a jaffa cake! Oliver had to be dragged away from filling his toy dumper truck with bark chippings for the birthday cake! After a couple of games of pass the parcel, it was time to go home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have fond memories of pass-the-parcel games at birthday parties too. Did IB actually pass, or did she unwrap out of sequence? So, you're starting PL on a jaffa cake habit? She's getting quite a range of tastes.

What new book? Surely you haven't been buying stuff again?

Susspa said...

IB was v good at passing and the "pianist" was v good at making sure everyone got an unwrap. I can still remember pass the parcel at a birthday party of mine (i think the song It's My Party may have been in the charts if anyone can put a date on that pop-pickers) and Phil was in charge of the record player. I was v upset because I didn't get to unwrap anything - not that I harbour a grudge or feel that it's been a defining moment in my life Phil :)