Sunrise on a run

Sunrise on a run

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Getting Mobile


This morning while I snoozed, Mummy and I-B made some sticky sweet mice. I-B was responsible for something known as "QUALITY CONTROL"! Once I woke up we headed off to the garden centre to buy some potting compost, netting and an off piste seedling that Mummy couldn't resist.

Once home I-B played in the garden while Mummy got lunch ready - some of the neighbouring children were playing on next door's trampoline so I-B had lots of fun chatting with them and once she had finished her lunch she went next door to join them.

It was then naptime for me so Mummy got I-B to come back round - at which point she was invited to play on the other next door's trampoline (where there was a grown up outdoors). This enabled Mummy to get on with some planting - sugar snap peas, morning glory and clematis round the arch. She thinned out the Nicotiana (which Daddy had planted with a shaky hand) and the Japanese Lanterns. By this time I was awake but I was happy to sit on the picnic blanket while she planted the Camomile, the Delphinium and the Cucumber (replacing the Sugar Snap pea plant which had been decimated by our one-footed friends. This has been planted in the pot by the arch in the [vain] hope that it revives...

Next it was scooter time but I-B was too tired to make it to the swings so we came home for a rest while Mummy got dinner ready.

While Mummy tidied up I worked out a way of moving forwards instead of backwards. There was an inflatable ball in front of me but a little out of my reach. While putting as much weight as possible on my hands I "revved up" and dragged my legs forwards. I had made it closer to the ball. The ball rolled away a little. I made it closer to the ball. The ball rolled away a lot. I-B rolled the ball back to me. This is a very exciting breakthrough for me and I look forward to putting these newfound skills into practice tomorrow.

After bathtime it was time for a well-earned rest.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

P-L is crawling! Woo-hoo! We need a bigger house. Eek!

Has Mog #1 been teasing P-L yet? Have you cleared a runway? Maybe something out of duplo, perhaps a train track with carriage containing something to nibble, to lure her into forward motion. Actually, I think it'd be quite fun to put her in the middle of a track and see what she looks at.

You're going to need eyes in the back of your head now. Time to re-check the baby-proofing of the house.

Susspa said...

Shall we house-proof the baby instead?