Sunrise on a run

Sunrise on a run

Thursday, May 29, 2008

OH I do like to be beside the seaside

Except the tide was out so the sea-side was a long way away today.

This morning we drove to the swimming pool to meet Grandma and Grandad and 4 of my cousins - Megs, Sam, Eth and Henners. We had lots of fun - me in my bond villain seat and I-B in her floaty ring. I-B clearly enjoyed the floaty ring as she was pushing off from the side while wearing it and lifting her feet off the bottom and floating and kicking! After lunch in the park we drove to the beach.

For me, the beach involved sitting on the picnic rug and nibbling the picnic rug label. Once I'd tired of that I discovered that grabbing sand was good fun. The other grandchildren took it in turns to be buried in the sand - including I-B! I-B was a little less convinced by the feel of damp squidgy sand as she walked to fill the bucket with water!

The rain clouds were looking darker and darker so we decided to head back to Grandma and Grandad's for dinner (Spag Bol for everyone else; chicken and veg rissoto mush for me).

Following this it was time to drive home...

No comments: