Sunrise on a run

Sunrise on a run

Monday, July 11, 2011

Beat the Heat Week 2

I'm wondering whether this should have an alternative name for us Brits. Beat the Heat (what heat!). Anyway rain and moaning about the weather is about as English as queuing.

1. What progress have you made on your goals this week?

Since Monday I've been doing my circuit training (twice), and a 10k run. The 10k run merits a post of its own. I had hoped to do a spin class on Friday but worked from home so didn't get to gym.

I found the spin classes were an essential part of my training last time round as they operate at a much higher intensity than if I just get on my bike and go for a ride.

2. What did you do to make yourself feel fabulous?

I went to see Emperor and Gallilean at the National Theatre at the Southbank. It's not something I would have thought to go and see myself but some family-friends invited me so I thought "why not". I can thoroughly recommend it!

3. Did you have a moment in your life where everything changed for you, an epiphany moment, or has it happened gradually?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I can point to many moments, not just in my life but in other people's lives which I would call "Sliding Doors" moments where things could have taken a different path. Anything which was an epiphany moment probably didn't feel as if it was at the time.

4. What made you get involved with the Beat The Heat challenge?

From following this good lady's inspirational blog. As it coincided with the run up to the Duathlon, I thought it would be a fun way to revive my own blog and keep a training diary, of sorts.

5. What is your favourite TV Show at the moment?

Just watched the last Episode of Luther (brilliant crime drama here in UK), the Apprentice, although this season hasn't grabbed me the way the last one did. CSI is always a favourite (original Vegas rather than Miami or New York) as is House but not seen the latter for eons.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Weight Wars said...

I'm so in awe of your running, it's amazing. I love x biking, if you can do that near you I really recommend it, it's like spin but tougher!

Anonymous said...

Beat the boredom maybe? It's not very warm over here in Germany either. Though, since I'm living without a/c for the first time in my life, I'm pretty okay with that honestly.

Sounds like you had a great week! Here's to many more. :)

Mary said...

"Anything which was an epiphany moment probably didn't feel as if it was at the time"

LOVE this. ♥