Sunrise on a run

Sunrise on a run

Monday, July 04, 2011

Beat the Heat 10 week challenge

So, welcome to the start of my ten week challenge. More about the challenge can be found here. Here's my take on it. This is the first time I've done anything like this so bear with me.

1. What are your goals for the 10 week challenge?


Goal[s]. Mmm my main goal is to complete the London Duathlon in less than two and a half hours. This will be the third time I've done it. Last year I completed it in 2hr 35 and my first year saw me round in 2hr 45

There's probably other goals I could add, exercising more is the other one which springs to mind. Blogging more regularly is another.

2. Why did you pick those goals? What makes them important right now?

Well, the Duathlon is about ten weeks away so this gives me the perfect focus for my training. The other goal I considered was to exercise more but I think this will follow on from my Duathlon training: if I have a target time in mind then not only will I increase my activity levels but I will also train smarter and not just exercise more for the sake of it. I also mentioned blogging more. Periodically I try and aim for a post a day or a photo a day. I think that participating in the beat the heat challenge, I will increase the frequency of my blogging. "hurray" I hear you shout!

3. What’s your biggest excuse /reason for not doing something and how are you going to stop it getting in the way?

Time. I work full time and have two young children. Fitting in exercise CAN be done however. In the mornings, in the evening, in my lunch hour. It cn be done. I just need to get back in the habit of diariasing my lunchtime exercise, not hitting snooze when the alarm goes off and going straight to my circuits app instead of Facebook when picking up the iPad of an evening.

4. Are you a planner or do you go with the flow?

I like to have a structure if I'm training for an event but it needs to have flexibility too. I don't go for rigid planning.

5. Fun thing Tell us something that will help us get to know you. Like things you like or a silly story or about your family.

I won (correction, my husband won) tickets to the iTunes festival to see the Manic Street Preachers last night. They rocked. We got back after midnight so my mission today is not to let my tiredness be an excuse for eating rubbish and then not exercising when I get back from work.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

Becks said...

Great Start! Well done. You have a pretty impressive time there chick.

Mary said...

I like your goals! I was *obsessed* with the Manic Street Preachers in high school. So incredibly in love. Had all their albums - not easy for a kid in the States! Good luck with the challenge!

Vicki said...

I'm going to have to google the London Duathlon. Good luck with it, hope you beat your last time!
Here’s my first week post

Jess said...

My biggest excuse it time too!! UGH! Good luck!

Unknown said...

It's funny how Facebook can be such a time sucker!

You've got a great plan and a great goal - I'm really looking forward to seeing you succeed!!