Sunrise on a run

Sunrise on a run

Monday, July 25, 2011

Beat the Heat - end of July!

1. What have you done this week towards your goals?

Three circuits sessions! Been a bit manic at work with pre-holiday panic so I'm glad I got those in at the beginning of the week.

2. What did you do to make yourself feel fabulous?

I've guest-posted on Beck's blog which is v cool - a little bit of internet fame - thanks!

Tne weekend saw me at High Voltage in Victoria Park, London - lots of Guiness and some great rock acts: Skin, Thunder, Black Country Communion, Slash and many others. All topped off with Dream Theater headlining.

3. Do you exercise? What is your favourite kind and why?

Yes - running as it's great getting out and enjoying the scenery and also the "mind-wandering" time it gives me. I'm enjoying the challenge of the Jillian Michaels' circuits videos which I've downloaded to the iPad. I thought I had a good level of fitness but doing those makes me realise that there is ALWAYS room for improvement.

Yoga is always good for relaxation and flexibility - I feel an inch or two taller after a stretch and ready to face anything!

4. There are loads of fantastic bloggers here in the Beat the Heat competition, which blog or blogs have you discovered through the challenge that you particularly enjoy? Show that person some love!

I've always been a big fan of Beck's. I also recommend everyone pays a visit to somerandombint. I'm still discovering everyone else's but many thanks to all for sharing!

5. Fun Question: What song makes you want to dance at the moment?

I've two days of rock going round in my head at the moment so I'm probably in more of a moshing space than dancing at the moment!

2 comments:

Weight Wars said...

I'm always up for a good mosh!

Plus thanks so much for your post, it was so great!

Kris said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend - my kind of music!