Sunrise on a run

Sunrise on a run

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New app

I've invested in a new app: Blogpress. The latest version had patchy reviews but it was priced below £2, meaning that if it's no good, I've not wasted too many iTunes vouchers on it.

I thought it would be appt devoting today's post to my favourite apps so far. There are so many out there and many different categories (including, in my case, apps DH has loaded on here) so I will focus on "productivity" apps. These are largely the ones you use to justify owning an iPad, because you will able to work and plan things.

So, in no particular order, my favourites are:

Popplet
DocsToGo
Readdle

Docstogo does what it says. You can generate docs, on the go. I have only used it to generate word docs but there are PowerPoint and excel options too.

It's quite basic, no fancy formatting for example, but it works.

Readdle is a document reader. I can use it to open a PDF and then add bookmarks and annotations. This is actually v useful. Bear in mind that I spend a lot of my waking hours looking at lengthy documents, cases, legislation and regulatory guidance. Having a PDF reader that enables annotation and bookmarking means that I don't have to print and carry reams of paper everywhere, one of the points to having the iPad.

Finally, Popplet, for people who like spider diagrams and mind maps. I think this is my favourite. Great for brainstorming and planning. My latest popplet sets down various ideas for blog topics.

The site I've linked to looks like it might be quite useful in app hunting. I'll let you know what I find.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Mind Rocket Avi said...

You couldn't resist the pun, could you? :-)