Sunrise on a run

Sunrise on a run

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

200K!

Are there more days between 1 January and 30 June than between 1 July and 31 December? I'll leave you pondering that. Regardless, let's conclude that we are half way through the year.

So, last year I ran a total of 200k. That 200k can be broken down into:

23 runs at an average distance of 8.7k and an average pace of 6 minutes 36 seconds. Most runs were from home but others took me to Oxford, Jersey and the Reading half marathon.

This year's 200k can be broken down into:

23 runs at an average distance of 9.6k and an average pace of 6 minutes 26 seconds. Most runs were from home but others so far have taken me to Guildford (half marathon) Rye, Barnet and Kingston (Wholefoods breakfast run).

March in both years has been my longest distance month, reflecting the half marathons I've done take place in March. Last year I fell off the running wagon in April and recorded zero miles. This year I've stayed on and continued to record some miles. June this month has been my lowest distance month - a measly 17k.

I've improved my pace this year no particular magic formula, just through keeping running.

So by the end of the year I should have completed a further 200k. Let's see if I can get my pace closer to 6min/k...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: