Sunrise on a run

Sunrise on a run

Friday, September 28, 2012

Hooked on Crochet!

I've been learning to crochet. Inspiration struck when I bought Mr S a Star Wars craft book. Among the patchwork quilt made from Star Wars t-shirts and the Hans Solo in "soaponite" there was an R2D2 beanie hat. Not knowing the least bit about how to crochet but liking how it looks, I invested in a couple of books, dug out a crochet hook from the bottom of the sewing basket and a ball of wool.
Here are my first attempts.








I've found YouTube indispensable as I can see how it's meant to take shape and look and here are my latest attempts: squares for little blankets for the girls' bears.




And the finished blankets. They were originally going to be 9 squares but the girls thought that an extra 3 squares would guard against chilly toes.




Snuggly bears! The sewing together wasn't too bad either. Not sure how long a full sized blanket would take.
These are going to be my next project:
http://blog.bernat.com/2012/09/13/guest-blogger-craft-is-cools-allison-hoffman-monster-
http://craftyiscool.blogspot.co.uk/
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: